Second Assault maps and modes are now available featuring four fan-favorite maps from Battlefield 3 – Operation Metro, Caspian Border, Gulf of Oman, and Operation Firestorm. Dice also started rolling out a new Battlefield 4 update for the Xbox 360.
Among other items, this update addresses issues like the game crashing when entering the IFV/MBT gunner seat, and issues with missing sound. Full update details below.
X360 Game Update Feb 18
- Fix for an issue where spawning into, or switching to, a gunner seat in an IFV/MBT sometimes could cause the game to crash
- Fix for missing sound in Team/Squad Deathmatch
- Fix for an issue in the Defuse game mode, where a bomb carrier would be permanently spotted
- Fix for an issue that would appear if a 10 users party would join a game with 8 available slots, leaving 2 of the players stuck on the loading screen
- Decreased the rate at which the kill card would incorrectly display 0 health, while the enemy was clearly alive
- Fix for an invisible wall that was incorrectly present in one of the fallen concrete pipes on Zavod 311
- Fix for an issue where bullet impact sounds weren’t properly matching the actual number of impacts, causing the players to feel that they died too quickly.
- Fix for an issue where the “Draw” message would not display on-screen once a Conquest round ended with both teams having the same amount of tickets
- Fix for an issue where long IDs wouldn’t scroll on dog tags
- Fix for missing grass physics in terrain
- Fix for an issue where the player camera would be positioned inside of the soldier when parachute spawning
- Fix for a MAV exploit that let players reach various out-of-map locations
- You can now see the amount of kills with your second and third best weapon and vehicle on the Soldier overview page
- Added a button to directly go and view the associated weapon, when getting weapon accessories in Battlepacks
- The progress bar is now shown for Kit Unlocks under Unlocks -> Weapons
- You can now see which expansion pack a weapon belongs to in Stats -> Weapons
- You can now see which expansion pack a map belongs to on the Server Info Page's map rotation
- Feed comments that have been cut off due to length (with a ...) can now be expanded to see the full comment
- Improvements to Recommended Servers to better promote highly populated servers
- Various minor improvements and tweaks
- Fixed an issue where Conquest and Conquest Large were mixed up, causing the Server Browser to always select both and only showing Conquest in the servers list. It also broke the Live Scoreboard for Conquest.
- Fixed an issue where Air Superiority did not appear in the Server Browser filter
- Fixed an issue where Game Activity could not be shown
- Fixed an issue where you couldn't click the "view all players" button or see the individual player info boxes in Battle Reports
- Fixed the links to the Battlelog and Commander iOS and Android apps, which didn't always work as intended
- Fixed an issue where the wrong font color was sometimes used on the name displayed on the dog tag
- Fixed an issue where linking to a news post in the wrong locale ended up with a 404; it will now redirect to the English news post instead
- Fixed an issue in Chrome where the images didn't always load on the main not-signed-in page
- Various minor fixes